OMG Finishes

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Island Chain

So in 2011 I made a quilt using the Island Chain pattern.


It took me quite awhile to find a fabric for the border, and then a backing fabric. However once purchased it has been a UFO for all that time and why-who knows!!!!
I decided it was finally time it got finished so this is now on the longarm -
 
I couldn't decide how to quilt it but looked on MQ Resource and got the idea for the straight lines in the coloured sections and then out came the books and the rest of the inspiration was from Angela Walters. I need to practice my wishbone quilting and none of this is perfect but it is a good quilt to use new to me designs on. Am liking the look so far.
Even though I thought I had measured correctly for the borders I do have some fullness that I will have to deal with-oh well!
 

5 comments:

  1. Have fun Marlene - it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colours you've used, and your quilting looks great!! So many quilts end up with a little fullness in the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that island chain pattern. Your colours look great. It's good that you are finishing it. I look forward to seeing the completed photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Island Chain is beautiful, the quilting is exquisite. The choice of colors in your quilt makes it way better than the one in the book.
    Stop critiquing yourself and give yourself a big pat on the back for an awesome finish. If it was me, I'd be doing a happy dance!!!
    Sew Preeti Quilts

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions welcome

Marlene